Sunday, June 14, 2009

Devilsaurs and Exotic Pets

Trinia hit 60 today, so I went to go tame my Tyrant Devilsaur I've been waiting for. As soon as I hit 60 in Ramparts, I silently went, "Yes! Exotic pets~" I only plan on getting two exotic pets, to allow for easy Dual-Speccing without worries. (Those two being a Rhino and my Devilsaur.)

So, I ventured into the depths of Un'Goro Crater and followed the path of the somewhat elusive, yet dangerous Devilsaur. As I was just saying, "Here Tyrant... Oh, Tyrant~" I spotted a Tyrant Devilsaur. I followed him for about 2 minutes to find a good spot to tame him, (Which I knew he would reach eventually.) where I would not be interrupted while taming him. I found it hilarious, how while I was following him he crossed paths with another Tyrant Devilsaur. I giggled at that as I continued to track him. When he reached the springs, in western Un'Goro, I placed one of my new freeze traps (20second duration is yes, when taming!) shot him with a concussion arrow, and began taming. Quickest tame ever. If anyone was wondering, I named the poor thing, Walnut. I love him, he's fierce, but he's still adorable. ;3

However, I get to the main part of my post: When taming the exotic pets, even Devilsaurs which are supposed to be, "leet," when leveling, (especially if you grab one right at 60 where Outlands eats everyone and everything) be careful with your pets. At 55, with you at 60, and the mobs about 60-61+, you'll have to be more careful with mobs as your pet will not generate as much aggro and DPS. This also means, when it's 55, don't go join that Ramps group with it! Use the pet you leveled to 60 with. However, Exotic Pets are supposed to be like the Epics of the Pet World, so in the end, it will be a good pet, just be careful with it at 60 when you first tame it. <33

No comments:

Post a Comment